View Single Post
Old 12-05-2009, 01:11 PM   #28
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike L View Post
Don't know if I'll take part in the discussion -- or even bother to vote -- but I'm delighted to hear about A Lady's Life in the Rocky Mountains by Isabella Bird. It sound just like my kind of book. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.
I started reading it when it was first nominated. Then I got side-tracked and haven't picked it up again (yet), but I would still recommend it. She was an interesting character, she writes well, and the book is really interesting for its view into 19th century USA immigrant/settler life. Much more raw and direct than "Little House on the Prairie"
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote