View Single Post
Old 07-30-2009, 06:07 AM   #498
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKFFW View Post
Personally I find it very funny that those who kept arguing about theft not being the right term(which I agree with by the way, in legal parlance theft is a different thing to copyright infringement) seem happy to accept bootlegging as accurate when it is no more accurate than theft.
The problem is that "infringing copyright" is such a mouthful. Bootlegging is a lot easier, and can easily be used as a synonym, since it doesn't have it's own legal meaning, unlike theft or piracy.

However, if we want to avoid other terms entirely, how about using the rhyming slang for infringing copyright that I suggested a while back.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...056#post469056

So - I hope no-one here has been ironing any eels lately?

Last edited by pdurrant; 07-30-2009 at 06:25 AM. Reason: added 'legal' to 'legal meaning'
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote