View Single Post
Old 04-23-2009, 08:07 AM   #13
weatherman
Addict
weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (previous: Kindle 2, Kindle Fire) Kindle 4 WiFi, K3K, KPW
I just saw Book Army mentioned on BoingBoing - it claims to be a recommendation engine that suggests books based on your tastes (gleaned from the libraries of others). I haven't tried it, but it sounds promising.

When I'm looking for something new to read, I generally go to Amazon and look for authors that I like that I've already read, and then look for what other people bought who also bought that author. I've found some great books that way - for instance, I searched for Neal Stephenson and followed that to Neil Gaiman's Neverwhere. I'd never heard of him before (I know, I know) but I took a chance and really liked it.
weatherman is offline   Reply With Quote