View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 07:00 PM   #29
llcj
Addict
llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennontheisland View Post
Agreed. Also, I've noticed that there doesn't seem to be a preview section in Kobo. There's no way to read the first few pages to see if the writing is any good, which is particularly necessary for self-published works.

Or am I just missing it?
You can get previews but you can't read them on line as you can with Amazon. You have to download them and read them in desktop or on your device. You can find the preview button just below the buy button on the page with additional information (click on the title you are interested in and you are taken to a page withe a summary and reviews, etc.) Should exist for the self-published stuff too but I have no experience with self-published stuff.

Also, I agree with jusmee. Lately, though I have noticed some titles will indicate if the work is a short story in the little info blurb beside the cover thumbnail.

Last edited by llcj; 12-28-2012 at 07:05 PM.
llcj is offline   Reply With Quote