View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 06:24 PM   #5
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
Until recently I didn't know what OEM meant. I googled it and found a tech site which gave information advising people to steer clear of it as it was often pirated rather than ex-computer-manufacturer's stock.

As to the cloud synching: I don't use the cloud, I don't trust it. The only internet capable technology I have is my laptop. My mobile is ancient, and can't access the internet; my ereader doesn't have wi-fi either. I never take my precious lappy out of the house unless he's going to see my techie friend, in which case me and the laptop travel by taxi.

My desire for ON is for its note-taking capability. I'm looking for software in which to keep ideas concerning characters, locations, plot events etc. None of the dedicated writing software seems to do the job I want (except Word for outlining and writing), and I've read lots of positive remarks about OneNote.

My copy of Word didn't come with MS Office, but with "Works Suite 2005" which amazingly loaded on my Windows 7 laptop (it was originally on an XP laptop whose hard drive failed).

Please correct me if I'm wrong about OEM software. I'm a technological ignoramus

Thanks for calling me a luddite, Dr Drib
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote