View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 12:14 PM   #4
Marseille
Guru
Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookCat View Post
Please, someone, help me find a legit copy. I'm sure the ones on Amazon are OEM versions.
@dr drib: It appears OEM versions aren't sufficiently 'legit' in this case.

I'd love to go back to the standard file menu myself, though in time I've managed to adapt. I actually hated office 2007 more than 2010. I used OneNote 2003 for a very long time. One danger to going backwards is related to formats and portability. Onenote has mobile apps for android and ios and a webapp, making it easy to access notes broadly, but while there may be some backward support for old formats some of the time, I'm not sure just how reliable that is. Unlike the rest of office, ON 2007 and 2010 aren't exactly the same format. You can import in, but I'm not sure how well that will work with mobile apps or the webapp. I wouldn't be surprised if 2013 tweaked the format too.

I was actually about to suggest you try the office webapps in skydrive to make sure onenote 2010 isn't your speed. But I just checked real quick and it appears they've finally updated that to a outlook.comy metroy interface. I seem to recall it used to be identical to office 2010. I guess the new one is what office 2013 will look like? It's not that different. More visual changes than functional ones.

Still, it's not a bad way to try OneNote before buying. The hierarchical structure is still there (that's the big feature IMO), and if you really are using it for notes rather than trying to format the work there (not recommended -- MS handicapped OneNote to keep people from using it as a word processor), there's rarely much need to use the menus at all. OneNote offline instant saves things as you write them, you don't save files or browse for them in explorer generally, you create them in the program's structure of sections and tabs and look for them there too.

Doing a quick google shopping search of 'onenote 2007 -oem' got me here if you're sure you want to go that direction: http://www.buy.com/prod/microsoft-of...ngId=220558135
Marseille is offline   Reply With Quote