View Single Post
Old 10-13-2012, 01:09 PM   #57
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
Okay.... small question.
needs a
[root@kindle root]# while :; do eips ''; usleep 80000; done;

to do screen updates on my 5... is that expected behaviour?
No. What is your firmware version? You reported a larger framebuffer too (four pages instead of my two pages). Perhaps your particular 5.x firmware now has a third incompatible ioctl structure. Hmm... With a minor change you can force the eips fallback in GMLIB. You can try that.

I wonder if their are incompatible ioctl differences between US and UK kindles?

I will take a look at it soon to get the newest most compatible GMLIB that should be easy to use in new programs.

Last edited by geekmaster; 10-13-2012 at 01:17 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote