View Single Post
Old 01-04-2012, 03:03 PM   #12
HarleyB
Fanatic
HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo (RIP), iPad, iPhone 4, Kobo Touch x2, Kobo Glo
Polli since the last update my Kobo Touch definitely has issues when there are too many books loaded onto it.

My experience is that when I did the update I had between 200 and 300 books - my Kobo then became very slow and I experienced the "double tap" issue I described in the upgrade thread.
I did a factory reset and only loaded about 60 books and that seemed to fix the problem. The "double tap" thing disappeared and the speed in all the menus improved dramatically.
I am now back up to 250 books on my Touch and opening the menus has again become too slow. Sadly it seems with this latest upgrade that my Touch simply can not cope with more than about 100 books.
I find this very frustrating - the Touch advertises that it can hold up to 1000 books but realistically I can only use about one tenth of that storage before I have problems. I have never tried an SD card due to the number of people who complain that their cards won't work. I like to put books onto my Touch and leave them there so that I can read/reread them whenever I want. I really don't want to be continually adding and removing books from my Touch.
HarleyB is offline   Reply With Quote