View Single Post
Old 02-10-2011, 11:59 AM   #54
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdSun View Post
I tried something called Coolreader and thought it was a very nice reading app. It isn't as customizable as Moon+, but not too far off. The main issue is that it has no library feature from what I see. What about the Nook Android app itself, compared to the stock NC application?

I'm going to test all of these applications again and try to stick with each a little longer, but so far for overall use I really like the stock reading application. In many ways it is simplistic and lacks features, but at the same time it seems to have a good presentation. If only I can grab features from each of these and build the perfect reading app.
It would be nice if we could run the NOOK app on our NOOKcolor (2.1), but we can't.

I've been using CoolReader this week. I had been ignoring it because it lacked some features, but it's a robust app now. The presentation of text is excellent -- better than Moon+. It loses points (for me) by not having a library and not recognizing tags/collections. I would have to know what specific book I'm looking for (based on author) when using the file browser.

If Moon+ would recognize publisher defaults and fix the way it renders in-text italic and bold fonts it would be perfect. The highlight and annotation feature with export capability is unmatched.

I agree, the stock reader's presentation is very nice. It's disappointing that the device falls short in some areas as a dedicated reader. What's the point of highlights and annotations if you can't export them? It is an ereader tablet and the capability exists. CoolReader and Moon+ allow this. Aldiko will soon include highlights and annotations, and it's very likely that you'll be able to export them. Why not?

Last edited by SCION; 02-10-2011 at 12:10 PM.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote