View Single Post
Old 05-26-2009, 11:51 PM   #1
X. Trapnel
Enthusiast
X. Trapnel began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad (broken screen! cry), x61t tablet
Question "Undo" for iPDF / notes? & other sundry questions

Apologies if this has already been addressed ad nauseum - I didn't pick up anything obviously relevant when I did a search for "undo", and I tried to look for answers to the other stuff too.

Anyway. I got my iLiad about two weeks ago, am totally loving it. A few questions, though, about what's possible.

1. Has anyone experimented with an "undo" command in either iPDF or the pure scribbling program? Maybe I'm just a lot messier than you folks, but I find myself having to erase a lot! I know that having a pen-gesture for "undo" helped make the tablet PC note-taking application Xournal MUCH better.

2. Is there an easy way to disable the folder buttons while in, e.g., the scribbling program? I keep accidentally hitting "Notes" with the side of my palm! I imagine it requires recompiling it, etc., but is it doable for someone pretty new to Linux stuff?

3. I don't yet have a CF or SD or MMC card, and I'm into cameras or anything, so I don't know much about the merits of the various media. Is one format generally considered better than the other, whether in terms of price or speed or some other consideration?

4. Has anyone managed to edit the wireless settings to make it compatible with WPA (1 or 2) Enterprise (the sort that asks for user name & password, rather than just password)?

5. I tried setting up a SAMBA share on my Xubuntu tablet, without success. Again, I'm pretty new to Linux, and I've never used Samba before, so I'm probably making some stupid mistakes, but what general configuration settings ought I be using? (I saw someone posted the settings for the particular share, so I don't think that was the problem; I'm talking about the overall server settings).

Ok, 3 and 5 don't really belong in this forum. Sorry!

Thanks for any help you can give, and thanks to everyone for providing these great mods!
X. Trapnel is offline   Reply With Quote