Thread: $13 eReader?
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 06:53 PM   #137
QuantumIguana
Philosopher
QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2 gen, Kindle Fire 1st Gen, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakini View Post
we get that you're not going to buy one. which is fine. there are lots of devices out there, all meeting different people's needs.

it's initially being touted not as an elegant machine, not as a machine with a lot of storage, but as a cheap machine. and frankly, i'll put up with a lot of inelegance and lack of storage if i can get a cheap ereader that i don't have to worry about it getting broken, lost, etc. by a family member on holidays, etc.

but will this replace the ereader i already have? nope.
I wouldn't buy one, but you would. But what you or I want is unimportant. I just don't think this is going to have a wide market. If you think it will, that's fine. But if cheap MP3 players haven't taken over the market, why should this device? People can buy cheap MP3 players, but they still are more likely to buy the more expensive - and more powerful - players.

Just because I don't think that this device will have much of a market doesn't mean that I am projecting my own desires on the market as a whole. It is possible that this device will be a bust.
QuantumIguana is offline   Reply With Quote