View Single Post
Old 04-13-2012, 03:12 PM   #41
wolftail
Connoisseur
wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!wolftail will blow your mind, man!

Device: Kindle Touch
Lightbulb Easier way to exit diagnostics mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
The only problem is the "unable to get out of diags" thing, but if wolftail can find out exactly which test has to be run to fix this, we're essentially done.
I have an even better solution. All you need to do is create an empty device_info.xml in /mnt/us/diagnostic_logs/ (that's where all the diagnostics results are saved) and the Kindle will disable and exit diagnostics gracefully (and will even populate the file with some info). After successfully rebooting, the diagnostic_logs folder can be safely deleted.

I will do some more experiments just to see exactly which diagnostic option has created the file in the first place later (I feel that at the moment, my Kindle has had a bit too many reboots for it's health and/or sanity ).
wolftail is offline   Reply With Quote