View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 09:43 AM   #79
QuantumIguana
Philosopher
QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2 gen, Kindle Fire 1st Gen, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iznogood View Post
A agree totally. Why make the distinction between a book and an ebook? I can see many minor points where they differ, but the big picture is that both is still a book. It takes the same time to read them, the reader will use the same amount of time to read it, so it will be read by the same amount of people in either way, and there will be the same amount of people having it on hold - assumed that the ebook is treated as a book, i.e. only one person can have it on loan at any time.
One big difference is that to loan an e-book requires making a copy of it, while a paper book doesn't. With a paper book, I can loan it out, I can sell it or give it away as I wish. It's copyright, not readright or loanright. Paper books wear out, and will eventually have to be replaced.
QuantumIguana is offline   Reply With Quote