View Single Post
Old 06-03-2011, 10:45 PM   #57
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyndslash View Post
i don't get that reasoning. why would you pay for a book, then turn around and upload it so everyone else can get it for free?
Think of the internet piracy scene as like a potluck dinner. You're willing to bring a few 2-liter bottles of Mountain Dew Code Red because you know someone else will bring a bucket of KFC (okay, that's my kind of a potluck dinner.)

It is like any other community-based internet project-- why contribute time to producing Project Gutenberg or Wikipedia or MobileRead libary data? Piracy groups are very little different than that in ideals or in motives-- the only thing different is that they are willing to overlook certain rules.

You are able to find files for free, but-- sometimes-- when you can't find a pirate version, you "take one for the team" and buy and contribute it yourself. Or even scan and OCR it yourself, if there is no digital version.

(Not that I would ever do that, says the owner of a Opticbook 3600.)

Last edited by ardeegee; 06-03-2011 at 10:53 PM.
ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote