View Single Post
Old 09-29-2010, 07:40 PM   #43
CazMar
Book Geek
CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Asus MemPad 7" tablet, Nexus 5, Asus 10" tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by wodin View Post
I once saw a musician who was a one man four or five piece band. He used a computer to control all of the midi tracks to accompany him as lead guitar and vocal. His rig also displayed the sheet music for the particular piece he was doing and took care of all of the page turns and repeats.

And all of this in the eighties, before there were ereaders, or even Windows, or Linux.
Yes, I have used a computer for this job, but in a band (standing and trying to read a chart at high speed and having to sing backing vocals between everything else) it would have to be 100% reliable and have a refresh rate in the millisecond range. It will happen, but I won't start burning all my sheet music yet!
CazMar is offline   Reply With Quote