View Single Post
Old 08-12-2009, 05:31 PM   #72
corroonb
Addict
corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Aura, Nexus 9
Is there any reason why BookCleaner wouldn't create em dashes when importing and reformating a LIT file? It works fine when importing and formatting other RTF files but I converted this LIT file to RTF and it still doesn't work. It replaces the em dashes with a single dash.

The reason I ask is that many LIT files have spaces between paragraphs and the only reasonable way of removing them is by reformating the file when importing.

It seems the only way to convert this file to RTF with the em dashes is to remove the lines with Gutenmark or Textify and then import it without reformating.

I managed to get it reformated by replacing the em dashes in the RTF with -- which BookCleaner converted back into em dashes.

Last edited by corroonb; 08-12-2009 at 05:43 PM.
corroonb is offline   Reply With Quote