View Single Post
Old 02-03-2015, 09:58 PM   #1
HushourJM
HushourJM began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
My second novel, Weatherhead, is $0.99 beginning today (Kindle Countdown Promotion)

Hello!
I'm running an Amazon Kindle Countdown Promotion for my second novel, Weatherhead, over the next week. It's only $0.99 beginning today!
I've already gotten some nice positive feedback from my first self-published novel so I'm trying to get some reviews for this latest one.
I tend to dwell somewhere between literary and dark/speculative fiction with a little surrealism and poetics thrown in for good measure.

http://www.amazon.com/Weatherhead-J-...2940247&sr=1-1

Here is the requisite plot blurb: Nine months after his wife's death, a man is abducted from his house by a band of violent thieves and taken to a nightmarish city called Weatherhead. There he falls under the dark attentions of the cruel, despotic ruler of the city: the wife he thought dead.
This a love story between a person still living and a person still dead. It is also a hate story between the same, a violent story populated with all manner of ruffians, crimes, running street battles between Love and Hate (a particularly nasty bunch who hang out at soda fountains and dress terribly) and knife-fights between mourning and evening spouses. It is a story of how we remember those who are lost, and how we rebuild those who shattered in life. If life is a place in which we die, what does that make death?

And there you have it!

Thanks for reading this!
HushourJM is offline   Reply With Quote