View Single Post
Old 04-12-2008, 03:30 AM   #1
billyad2000
Enthusiast
billyad2000 plays well with othersbillyad2000 plays well with othersbillyad2000 plays well with othersbillyad2000 plays well with othersbillyad2000 plays well with othersbillyad2000 plays well with othersbillyad2000 plays well with othersbillyad2000 plays well with othersbillyad2000 plays well with othersbillyad2000 plays well with othersbillyad2000 plays well with others

Device: Cybook Gen3
Battery life of Cybook Gen3

Just wondering about peoples experience of the battery life of their Cybook.

In my case i'm slightly dissapointed.

I normally read for about 3 hour every day, however because of my job some of this is in 5 minute spells, during these times I don't turn my cybook off, although I still have the auto-off set to 1 hour.
In total, I would estimate that my cybook is on for about 8 hours per day, and I read on average about 300 pages per day.
My battery life is only about 1 week, according to what I have read this is the sort of period I could expect if my cybook was never turned off.
I read somewhere that for the first few recharges it was best to drain the battery completely then fully recharge it, and I have been doing this.

I was just wondering if the above sounds about right, or if it's too short.

I have also read that the Cybook battery is good for 15000 page turns although the specs on the website state 8000. Even so, as things stand I doubt that I could read anywhere near this ammount without recharging, even turning off between sessions.
I think that the 8000 page refreshes is very misleading. It may well be capable of 8000 page turns if people dont take any time to read the page, but in real terms I think the real life number to be far less.
billyad2000 is offline   Reply With Quote