View Single Post
Old 04-04-2009, 09:38 AM   #15
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Please define what you mean by "a right to privacy". If you mean "the right to break the law with impunity" then I'm afraid that I really don't think that you (or I, or anyone else) has such a "right".
the right not to have private corporations with no authority or competence for this sort of activity spying on my internet connection, to begin with. the way you talk i suppose you'd be in favor of random wiretapping as well.

Quote:
My understanding of this law (and please do correct me if I am wrong) is that a person suspected of illegal activities will be sent a letter warning them that they are under suspicion, and pointing out that it is their responsibility to "secure" their internet connection. A second occurence within 6 months will result in a second letter. Finally, a third occurence within a year will result in the potential of internet access being suspended for a period of between a month and a year.

Have I stated the terms of it correctly?
the key word in what you say is "suspected". suspected by whom ? on what basis ? there is no room in this law for due process or any sort of defense of the "suspected" person ; since this law is based on IP addresses the potential for errors is breathtaking. i'm sorry, it doesn't matter your feelings about copyright infringement, this law is indefendable. as the overwhelming majority agrees including the European Parliament and the french ISPs, tellingly.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote