View Single Post
Old 05-01-2014, 08:52 AM   #796
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat
willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by adroid28 View Post
Hello there,

First of all. What a fantastic tool! This is brilliant and works really well

There is only one thing that I do not seem to get right. When converting lists are becoming jumbled up. Bullets appear without new lines after each bullet and the lines next to the bullets/numbers are breaking up. Here is two photos of problematic lists:

Is there a way to resolve that?

Thanks!

Dionysis
Thank you for PM-ing me the example. At this point, k2pdfopt does not detect bullet markers, so it is only going by the indentation and the justification of each line. It tries to determine how the text is justified based on the width of the majority of the lines, and then chooses whether to wrap text or break the line based on indentation and line length. The first example where it is wrapping the black bullets surprises me a little--the lines must be just long enough that the logic decides they should be wrapped together. In the second example, because everything is indented, the logic says to break each line up separately. I'll check this--I thought I had it so that if enough consecutive lines were indented, k2 would wrap them. I'll put it on my to-do list to re-visit this logic. For now, there aren't any settings to effectively adjust this unless you want to use -mode fw (or select "fit width" from "Conversion Mode" menu in the Windows GUI), which preserves formatting exactly since it just crops the margins, but will probably make the text too small for you.
willus is offline   Reply With Quote