View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012, 03:37 PM   #4
ziyuang
ziyuang began at the beginning.

Device: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojoba View Post
I second Harry.

I'm a researcher and use my iPad3 extensively for work. iAnnotate, GoodReader and PDF Expert are all excellent annotation apps and they sync via dropbox. I used to have an iPad2 and while I'm not someone who typically upgrades every time a technological gadget comes in a new version, I exchanged it with a 3gen because of the retina display. When you are reading academic articles/pdfs for several hours a day, the screen resolution makes a difference. The screen size allows for comfortable pdf reading, IMO - I don't have to zoom in to read.

In addition, I also use Sente for bibliography management (this syncs with my mac), but you can also use Mendeley or Papers.

My recommendation is to definitely go for a tablet rather than an e-ink reader. I've outlined some of the reasons here, in other thread:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...23&postcount=8

I've found that my iPad has greatly improved my academic work flow, and I warmly recommend it. If you can afford it, I'd go for the 3gen.
Thank you for your answer with great detail! Since Nexus 10 is coming out, will you recommend this tablet?
ziyuang is offline   Reply With Quote