View Single Post
Old 06-14-2012, 04:24 PM   #1
starrigger
Jeffrey A. Carver
starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab Plus, Droid phone, Nook HD+
Widow/orphan control in conversions

Hi everyone. A minor issue that's arisen in some of my recent conversions (of my own books) is widow/orphan control. I'd like to have it off, by default, so that book pages will have uniform lengths. I do have it off, by default, in Word when I format the books. But when I save to html and use Calibre to convert, the setting gets lost.

I can tweak the epub output by adding a bit of code to the CSS, but that requires hand-tweaking each conversion--a real pain if I have to go through multiple iterations to debug a book.

Is there a way to have Calibre automatically include this in the style sheet? Is it already there, and I've just missed it? If it's not there, could it be added as a checkbox in the conversion parameters?

Thanks.
starrigger is offline   Reply With Quote