View Single Post
Old 05-25-2010, 11:19 PM   #1
Nicktheviking
Nicktheviking began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Problems Common to All Kobos

Hi All,
I recently bought a Kobo here in Australia from Borders. Unfortunately I did this before reading the posts on this forum and now find that my Kobo has many of the problems outlined in the various posts here.

Despite numerous emails to Borders and Kobo, I have found there is no way of getting pointful support from either as all I have received to date are auto replies.

One of the Borders store managers has suggested I swap my Kobo for a replacement but it seems all Kobos are suffering from the same problems namely, no red light during or after charging, sync deletes all bookmarks, epubs from non-Borders/Kobo sources can't have their font changed, battery life is way under the stated 8,000 page turns etc.

I am guessing any replacement I receive is going to be from the same batch and therefore have the same problems and as such there is no point in making a swap and I am better off waiting to see if firmware and software updates solve the problems. Would this be a fair assessment of the situation?

I do like the Kobo and as it is the only ereader in Aussie with a 6 inch screen around $199 I don't really want to take it back for a refund as I would be back to square 1 looking at $400 readers.

Thanks
Nick
Nicktheviking is offline   Reply With Quote