View Single Post
Old 04-20-2009, 05:51 PM   #369
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonist View Post
Not to pick a bone with an Anubis-like guru, but there were plenty of heresay statements regarding Ian's statement, without any proof whatsoever.

And while I can't vouch for his story, it seemed plausible enough, it had some extraneous support, and certainly did not warrant some of the aspersions cast.

Again, it is up to Amazon to clarify its position on this issue, and on the deceptive Search results issue. If it does not, I doubt this will be the last time we hear about it.
In addition to Ian's post, there was the whole thing over at Consumerist some months ago where people also discussed not being able to access purchased downloads. I do think there was enough evidence to be concerned. I really would like to see an official statement from Amazon on their policy. Not to cast any aspersions on joblack. I thank him for trying to clear this up for us and have no reason to doubt him, but with so many conflicting reports it would be nice to have more than the word of a single CS rep.