View Single Post
Old 06-15-2010, 01:04 PM   #15
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikewolf View Post
But DRM and cloud-computing are separate issues. The Kindle rights being pulled had nothing to do with cloud computing. If you push more content into the cloud, sure it can disappear or rights can be pulled, and same for content downloaded but local-resident.

I just don't see the conspiracy around cloud-computing and DRM being tied together.
No, I agree. There are two issues-DRM, and cloud computing.

I think my concern is how cloud-computing is being *used* as another form of DRM-by basically letting someone else hold onto my purchased content for me to use whenever I want.

But, I'll stipulate that I'm old-fashioned that way-I never wanted to use subscription music services like Microsoft's Plays for Sure, or Yahoo Music, or even Spotify, which sounds nifty.
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote