Thread: Glo Kobo Firmware 2.3.1
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2012, 02:32 AM   #228
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by jusmee View Post
Why would they limit it like that? Sometimes I really despair of kobo's ability to develop decent code...
Because they are not overriding the settings in the ebook's stylesheet? Why do I see continual complaints that basically amount to Kobo allowing books to be displayed the way the ebook creator intended. Given my often expressed love for Sigil, I tend to agree that the average ebook was created as cheaply as possible with little concern for how it looks on an ereader.

You might also want to remember that Kobo still seems to use the Adobe Reader Mobile code for epub books which also limits their ability to modify the ebooks appearance though it allows them to easily offer the ability to download and read Adobe DRMed library books. You win some, you lose some.

Regards,
David
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote