Thread: MobileRead Discussion/Suggestion Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 02:58 PM   #152
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun surfer View Post
A vote will settle it one way or the other, but I would prefer to keep two classics.

I remember last year we had a similar discussion and it seemed the majority of posts were in favour of getting rid of a classic month, and then the vote came and a solid majority wanted to keep two classic months.

I would also like to add that despite the complaints, the two classic months are two of our most popular months with some of the most nominations and most votes.
One reason classics do so well is because they're often free. And every category shows up in other categories, not just classics. Just look at this month - in the "Horror" category we have selections that could also be considered "Thriller/Suspense", "Humour", "Mystery/Crime", "Fantasy" and even "Romance". And we get "Science Fiction" nominations in many categories throughout the year as well.
I withdraw my original suggestion and suggest that every month be Classics. That would remove the four categories I might potentially care about and free up my time from paying attention to the book clubs.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote