View Single Post
Old 08-25-2012, 11:31 AM   #9
crossi
Guru
crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
It's worth noting that neither the GPL nor Creative Commons are "public domain"; they are both forms of copyright. If you want to place a work into the public domain, simply put a statement in the front of it saying something like "This work is in the public domain".

Make sure that the public domain really is what you want, though. Anyone can do anything they want with a work that's in the public domain: modify it and re-publish it under their own name, commercially sell it - absolutely anything.
You mean like Shakespeare's plays? I don't think that would be a problem for me after my death as long as someone else didn't try to limit it by trying to claim a copyright of it for themselves. Let my books be free.
crossi is offline   Reply With Quote