View Single Post
Old 01-30-2012, 01:18 PM   #14
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr ploppy View Post
People noticed DRM restrictions on mp3s because they have multiple devices they want to play them on. With ebooks that isn't really the case, and is unlikely to be any time in the future, mainly because most people only read them once and only ever buy from the official site registered with their device. DRM on ebooks is annoying to advanced users, but pretty much transparent to everyone else. And without any major consumer uprising against it, I can't see it ever being removed. The distributors make far too much money from gullible publishers telling them it will help combat piracy to remove it voluntarily.
Uhm, that's not exactly true. With Adobe Digital Editions, you're allowed, what 6 authorized devices?

I have my phone, my ebook reader, android tablet, my desktop, and my laptop. I'm looking at getting a new laptop in the next few weeks. If I get a new reader, or a new phone, or decide to use my girlfriend's reader for something, I'm SOL. Not to mention, I'm a Linux user, and if I multiboot, each OS that I have ADE installed onto will eat up one of my spaces. My current laptop I have ADE installed on both Windows and Linux. Not all my books are on every device, but I have each authorized, in case I want to get a book using what ever I am using at the time. I am already at my max device limit, just on my own personal devices.
Hellmark is offline   Reply With Quote