View Single Post
Old 11-01-2010, 09:43 AM   #14
IzzyMad
Enthusiast
IzzyMad began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
What I'm trying to do is when I import books that i have formated and save as say "02~001 The Colour of Magic" then Calibre changes it to "The Colour of Magic - Terry Pratchett" and I wonder if it was possible to leave the imported files as "02~001 The Colour of Magic"

I want to do this as when I load them onto my ebook reader they some times go out of order and if I can then look at the original file I will know which order they are meant to be read in as My code system is just the Author(first 2 digits) Then the series(Third Digit) then the position within that series(last 2 digits) not different categories or genres

"Filesystems manage files. Calibre manages books. Let calibre do what it's there for, and don't go peeking up its skirt. It'll slap you. ~ ~ (explanation here)"

I realise that Calibre is very good at what it does but I just want it to leave my original File names alone then I wouldn't need to have two copies lying around and I could just use Calibre and let it do all the work. where as at the moment I have to have two different copies of everything.
Thanks

Last edited by IzzyMad; 11-01-2010 at 09:58 AM.
IzzyMad is offline   Reply With Quote