View Single Post
Old 12-15-2013, 07:42 PM   #7
markom
Banned
markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs t1 kindle dx ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
Hi guys, thank you all for posting. My notifications aren't working and just came across this again.

Rkomar, same program, bad spelling. The pages lag or cause the reader to freeze.

Dhume01, will give it a go.

Rizlar, tried briss, same problem as cut2col, can't work out why font sizes revert :-( Is root now stable for t2?
I use k2pdfopt all the time for my Sony T1 and other 6" readers in my vicinity.

I don't think that file size should matter that much for page lagging, but if it does in your case, you can divide pdf transforming just a part of your pdf with k2pdfopt.

I've usually encountered lagging with pdf's from archive.org or those produced with new Abbyy Finereader 11 or old Abby Finereaders (in mixed mode only), because of their compression method, so native mode was not the way to go with k2pdfopt but default mode for landscape, with or without reflow, depending whether it was A5 or A4 pdf.

It is hard to say what else you should try without the sample of your pdf.

You can describe your problem on k2pdfopt thread too, its author was always ready to help.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=144711

Last edited by markom; 12-15-2013 at 09:04 PM.
markom is offline   Reply With Quote