Thread: Just FYI, ä
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 05:03 PM   #2
Man Eating Duck
Addict
Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.

Device: Kobo Aura, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by travger View Post
Just thought that I should mention it, as most people don't use ü & ö and this could go unnoticed for quite a while.
Generally I would advise people to never use characters outside of English a-z (or spaces for that matter) in internal filenames. While all software should be using Unicode by now, a lot of it is English-centric so that errors with different charsets never show up in testing by the author(s). These bugs can be hard to track down.

On a side note I can mention that calibre still uses backslashes in links when converting an epub to zip (which generates an otherwise very nice set of html files of your book), but only on Windows. Needless to say this is also a Bad Idea
Man Eating Duck is offline   Reply With Quote