View Single Post
Old 05-06-2013, 04:41 PM   #3
lulalullah
Enthusiast
lulalullah began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Thank you very much RAH for giving me your point of view. Indeed, the discounted pricing is what I find attractive. I like the Nook reader because I find that it is physically well designed (position of physical page turning buttons, rubberized border -and back-, single tap to turn pages instead of a swipe making it easy to operate with just one hand only). I am also reluctant to invest in a new cover if I had to change brand.

I was hoping that the technology would improve after the GlowLight and its integrated LEDs but all major e-readers manufacturers such as Amazon, Sony, Kobo and Bokeen went the same route with only marginal improvement on lighting evenness. Since then, I've not read of any other new technology coming from screen manufacturers so I tend to think that there isn't something dramatically different soon.

I also find it puzzling that B&N would give such discounts for the UK only and wonder if they just want to get rid of their overseas stock to refocus on the US only, seeing that their business didn't perform as well as expected.

Anyhow, I was very appreciative for your comments .
lulalullah is offline   Reply With Quote