View Single Post
Old 09-27-2011, 01:08 PM   #116
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies
anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Uses batteries.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
If you want to post about a great deal or find you made and claim it is "for the community" then why are you attaching affiliate codes to them? Affiliate links are "hidden" commercial advertising.

BOb
Thank you for an answer!

If this is up for discussion, I would say this is a paradigm difference. As many people have said in this thread, we see the "free money from Amazon" in the affiliate program to be a way to "tip the finder", as well as a way to pay for their time and diligence in providing a service.

As a psychologist-once-in-training, I see it as an issue of Social Debt. Arcadata has saved me a LOT of money -- I want to give something back to him/her.

So I do wonder: Would we be allowed to try a "Clear Disclosure" method where the poster had TWO links in a single post? An affiliate one and a non-aff, clearly marked?

Thank you again for answering.
anamardoll is offline   Reply With Quote