View Single Post
Old 04-27-2010, 02:53 PM   #7
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerLock View Post
I'm a bit confused about the agency pricing model. Doesn't it just allow the publishers to dictate a mininum price which an ebook can be sold at? Retailers can't go below that but of course they can always go above it? Or am I wrong.
I believe that was the intent of the agency model, publishers dictate the minimum price an ebook can sell for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenH View Post
I find it strange that it seems to be just titles from Simon & Schuster. Granted, I haven't done extensive research, but none of the titles that I've looked at from the other agency publishers seem to have that extra tacked on. Maybe it has something to do with sales tax? They could be charging just a flat 5% on all titles, then letting S&S figure out how to divide it up among the various jurisdictions. I don't know if that's even legal, but it was the first thought that popped into my mind when I saw that it was a flat percentage.
I now remember the publishers originally mentioned charging sales tax and this 5% may be just that. Other retailers don't seem to be marking up 5% so maybe they chose to eat the tax.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote