View Single Post
Old 04-30-2012, 12:23 AM   #32
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElsieC View Post
Alas, I can't imagine anyone but Raymond Burr as Perry Mason but I wish it could happen as I would love to see Perry Mason on the big screen.
I've had that same thought. I can't imagine anyone else but Burr in the role, but even he wasn't completely perfect to play the early Mason. I could never imagine Burr slugging anyone, for example, as he did on at least one occasion in the early stories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElsieC View Post
Hollywood would probably ruin it by adding car chase scenes and hanky panky between Perry and Della.
You're probably right. I have nothing against car chases or hanky-panky, but neither has a place in a Perry Mason film, although, again, some of the early books did drop occasional hints that the relationship between Perry and Della was not entirely platonic.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote