View Single Post
Old 12-10-2011, 08:51 PM   #100
Spock96
Book Geek.
Spock96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spock96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spock96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spock96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spock96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spock96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spock96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spock96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spock96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spock96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spock96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidKitson View Post
Hi Caleb,

It will be a while before a third revision comes out - I am still incapable of editing my own work so unless I find a professional editor or collect a lot of reader edits, it will be this way for at least a little while.

It's not perfect. But it is greatly improved over the original and has a lot less errors. It's had quite a few people go through it and there have been several hundred corrections throughout.

When I checked the last corrective advice from Amazon they were all picked up so I guess that gives an idea of where it presently is at. So I assume the glaring errors should be all addressed.

But I won't be able to get a comparative idea of the present quality until I get my next review that is critical of errors. They are the only yardstick I have to go by at the moment.

On the other hand, if I start reading at a random point, I can usually find errors for about 1 to 2 pages before they vanish from my sight again... And I'll usually find a few on every page. I just found the first mis-word of the new revision... Though it was in a less heavily edited section of the book and it took me 5 pages this time to find the first mistake.

I live in hope that one day I may gain enough e-book readers to make a serious p-book publisher look at wanting the print rights and that they might cover editing of both editions. In fact, that already happened, but the publisher was too small to hire their own editors. It was a serious publisher, but the conditions and returns made it un-viable for me to hire my own editor.

I apologise if this isn't a complete answer. I guess the simple version is "This book is much, much better, but it's still not perfect."

The very latest revision is, BTW, uploaded onto Smashwords and available on Amazon. It will take a couple of months before it filters through to all the other channels.

And that's the problem with completing small updates. If I change one word and re-upload, it has to go through a week-long approval process again and during that time, distribution stops. Kindle is much faster so I will probably just keep updating the Kindle version with the smaller updates.

Regards
David
I would buy it if it came out in pbook form.
Alas I'm stuck in my story.
Spock96 is offline   Reply With Quote