Thread: Duplicates
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2010, 01:53 AM   #9
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starson17 View Post
You're running it in the source, not the binary. Kovid develops directly into the source, then does a snapshot and upgrades the version number. Anyone running the source from a few days after 0.6.49 was released has it, but anyone running the 0.6.49 binary does not, since that snapshot was taken just before the Merge code was added. I assumed the OP wasn't running source in a development environment.
OK - that will be it as I tend to download the source as well whenever I download a new release. . A shame that there is not a way of displaying in the GUI that one is running from source as a reminder. I have raised ticket #5417 to request this as it should be an easy enhancement. In fact I may look at the source myself later today to see if I can figure out the exact change reuqired - having raised the request I might as well see if I can also figure out the fix

Quote:
(I hope you like it. I put a lot of effort into that code ... even if Kovid did have to fix it up)
It is definitely a significant improvement - already saves me a lot of work as I can now simply import any book without regard to format and sort them into a single entry afterwards when required.

Last edited by itimpi; 04-30-2010 at 02:05 AM.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote