View Single Post
Old 10-19-2008, 11:42 AM   #9
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
open inkpot If I'm correct, is a replacement OS,or a program running in the reader?

To have support from open sources is probably a good reason to buy this type of device! Probably the only thing Sony's readers won't be having.

As far as professionalism, I think the photo's uploaded in _EA_'s attachments are about half the resolution of the screenresolution of the Iliad, so I think whatever is displayed there will be much better visible in real life than on the pictures.
With a 768x1024pix it's the best e-ink device there is so far,and enough to read a full page A4 .pdf file.
If you want more you'll have to wait for the Plastic Logics reader, according to this page: http://www.plasticlogic.com/PRPlasti...ingDevice.html
will be released in Q2 '09; but expect a high pricetag in the likes of $800.

There's another device out there the EZ-900 from Netronics also being debuted around that time.
I think it might have a resolution of 825x1200, but nothing about the resolution confirmed yet.

Plastic Logic, and 'the mentor'(EZ-900) will be your best bet.
I don't know about the EZ-900's pricetag neither. Originally it was going to be debuted at around $?600?; might be more,might be less.
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote