View Single Post
Old 09-08-2011, 01:30 PM   #13
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by reup View Post
itimpi,

I have send you the 4 snapshot by mail, thank you
Thanks - I will await their arrival.

Quote:
in /home/reup/.calibre2opds there is only 3 files and one log dir

.calibre2opds.secureFileManager.xml
profile.xml
default.profile.xml

the last one, default.profile.xml is already posted higher in this thread.
Sorry - I had missed that.

Looking at that file I think there is a bug in that when calibre2opds is first run on a system the "Mode" being used is not being set to default in the saved settings. That is why you got the option to set the Destination folder which should not be allowed in default mode. The mode is getting stored as soon as you click on one of the mode buttons, but not before.

Quote:
so far, I know very little software that can erase so blindly a directory, so potentially dangerous, the famous rm -rf, and some fdisk or mkfs. all are more system commands and usually used only by root. imagine my surprise when just by creating a catalog of current files, I loose 70 000 (yes 70 000) files without any warning. I compile a lot of docs for my work, I lost more than 9gb in few second ans still no warning. I dont think any software should have this"freedom" on my homedir
The problem is that any software can have a bugs and you were unfortunate to fall foul of one. Calibre2opds is not MEANT to be able to remove files that are not part of its catalogs, but one of the checks as to whether a particular folder was a catalog folder went wrong (or never got run because of the particular combination of settings) combined with you having an unfortunate folder path setting that meant it was pointing at a folder where it could do some damage. This scenario had never come up in any testing as far as I know.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote