View Single Post
Old 01-21-2011, 11:52 AM   #77
hal2814
Connoisseur
hal2814 knows what time it ishal2814 knows what time it ishal2814 knows what time it ishal2814 knows what time it ishal2814 knows what time it ishal2814 knows what time it ishal2814 knows what time it ishal2814 knows what time it ishal2814 knows what time it ishal2814 knows what time it ishal2814 knows what time it is

Device: Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
Well, I still have the Boxee Box and the Roku. I received a delay in shipment email on the Dell Zino and opted to cancel the order altogether. I'm going to try to upgrade some parts on my current desktop and turn it into a media server (I don't have any HDMI ports on it).

I've also come to the conclusion that I will not be able to ditch DirecTV at this time. I can't find an antenna solution for OTA HDTV that works in my condo (at least not at a price I'm willing to pay). I was able to get a $10 per month for discount for a year from DTV because I asked based on being a long time customer.
You might try a homemade bowtie antenna. There are instructions out on the internet. The one I made picks up towers up to 50 miles from my house and all I used was some copper wire, a block of wood, some sheathing nails, and a little $5 part from Radio Shack.

When I did ditch my satellite, the rep I talked to asked me what service I was switching to. I told her I wasn't switching to anything. I was just dropping the dish. She flat out refused to believe me. She told me I could tell her who I'm really switching to. She kept asking and I could tell she didn't believe me even when she finally gave up. That was definitely the second most fun I've had with a phone rep behind the time Columbia House was selling those monthly TV episodes in the mail and I kept asking for spinoffs I knew they wouldn't have like The Lou Grant Show, The Ropers, After MASH, and What's Happening Now. I went on for about half an hour.
hal2814 is offline   Reply With Quote