View Single Post
Old 04-29-2012, 04:04 PM   #21
GeckoFriend
Guru
GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad Mini4, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post

I borrowed the 30th anniversary edition from the library as well. I didn't read it in order from Page 1 to 284. I skipped the introductions. I started with the beginning of the story. Then I read Buttercup's Baby. Finally, I read the 25th anniversary intro followed by the 30th anniversary intro. I think I enjoyed it better reading it in that order. I started with the intro until I realized it had spoilers. Also, it is difficult to appreciate the content of the intros without reading the story first and enjoying it.

The intro of the 30th anniversary edition helps with this loose end. I enjoyed the writing style too. I initially wasn't sure why this book was nominated as a humor selection.
I do wish I had done this also. I tried again to read this book and probably read about 20 pages before giving up. Since it was a library loan I doubt I'll ever read it.
GeckoFriend is offline   Reply With Quote