View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 10:47 PM   #232
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I've never bought from them. Just gotten the freebies.
By Harlequins you mean the Blaze line right? Because most HQs are pretty tame.

I will say Kensington Brava is priced pretty high. I was shocked to get a freebie from them yesterday that was on my wishlist. It had been close to $12 when it came out! It's still $8 at BOB. So nice to get it for free though.
Yes, Blaze, and I think there is (or maybe was) another line that I can't recall off the top of my head that had stuff similar to Blaze.

Kensington is all over the map in pricing. They tend to release at $12, and then lower to $6-$8 eventually, but it seems to have more to do with author output rather than book age. And interestingly, Kensington publishes some of the books I was raging over earlier. But Sourcebooks has them beat. Karen Kelley has several books with Kensington that range from $6ish to $12. Her two Sourcebooks-published books are $14.99. Her book listing on ARE looks like a pricing experiment gone wrong.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote