View Single Post
Old 09-06-2011, 03:54 PM   #4
therealjoeblow
Zealot
therealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfoldedtherealjoeblow reads XML... blindfolded

Device: Samsung Android Tablet w/Moon+ Pro Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe563 View Post
I have installed the fonts in your attachment and tested them on two books:

Kobo EPUB - all fonts display as expected i.e. regular, bold, italic and bold italic
Non-Kobo EPUB - everything is displayed in bold whereas there is text in bold, regular and italic in the book viewed using ADE

ETA: I have done some additional testing of fonts with non-Kobo EPUBs. In my tests, the fonts displayed correctly when using the pre-installed fonts but not for user-installed fonts. Additionally, the error was different for the same book when different user-installed fonts were used. e.g. for the same book when one set of fonts was used everything displayed as bold but when using another set everything displayed as regular.

Two of my four user-installed fonts did work correctly with non-Kobo EPUBs.
Thanks for the input. It's not just me then.

So it appears that there's a high probability that the Kobo itself is not calling the fonts correctly in all cases for non-kepubs. I also note that the epubs show perfectly in ADE (mixed italics/bold/regular) but not on the Kobo with this particular font.

Could one of the Developers please take a look into this?

Thanks
The REAL Joe
therealjoeblow is offline   Reply With Quote