View Single Post
Old 07-06-2007, 06:00 AM   #9
rlauzon
Wizard
rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.

Device: PocketBook Era
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detour View Post
I see so many people asking where to get free e-books all over the place and so rarely are they pointed toward their own public library website.
The last time that I looked at these offerings:
1. They required that I use a buggy, overpriced, insecure operating system to download the eBook.
2. They required that I waste my money on a WinCE device to read the eBook.
3. Selection of books that they had was very, very poor.

Simply put, it wasn't worth the money and effort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detour View Post
I can get free e-books (mobipocket and adobe), even current bestsellers, completely legal and free from my local library website.
But the bad thing is that you can get the same eBooks (and more) from illegal sources easier. As long as it's easier and less painful to get eBooks illegally, the legal sources won't take off.
rlauzon is offline   Reply With Quote