View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 12:34 PM   #162
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
I suppose it's possible that 'junk dna' might not be considered part of the genome but hey I'm no genetics expert nor do I play one on the internet.
There is no such thing as junk DNA. It turns out the non-coding regions are very important. That is why even the slightest mutation will either kill the embryo or split it. And statistically "kill" is the usual outcome and "split" (aka, Twin) is rare.

And no, I don't play an expert anywhere, but I've been tracking developments in molecular biology since I took BioChem in college (notgoing to admit just how long ago). It's one of the top three technologies that will mold the 21st century along with materials science and cybernetics. There's wonders ahead.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote