Thread: After K2?
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2009, 09:56 PM   #20
Daithi
Publishers are evil!
Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Will they ever make a device with a larger screen that can read tables and diagrams for the college crowd? what a boon that would be!

Will they ever get their heads out of the sand and find a way to go world wide? Wireless isn't even necessary.

After seeing how they butchered (only in my opinion, of course) the Kindle2, I don't have a lot of hope.

I will hold onto my two Kindle1's until they die a from being loved to death, and by then.........who knows?
I'm in 100% agreement with you dg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Actually, IIRC correctly the 9.7 inch devices were all delayed a year or so because the screens were to fragile so PVI nixed em so they could perfect a fully plastic and flexible screen that wouldn't be so brittle in such a big size. I think I heard that the screens will be going into production this year by second quarter. Of course, you know how that goes.
That's really interesting to know. I'd read that Plastic Logic's screen size is 10.7" and I used my high school geometry to figure out that this means the screen is only 6.5"x8.5". Is this really going to be big enough to display 8.5"x11" pages? BTW, my math says the 9.7" screens are 5.5"x8" or thereabouts -- this assumes the screens have about the same ratio as an 8.5"x11" page, which has a 13.9" diagonal.
Daithi is offline   Reply With Quote