View Single Post
Old 04-06-2012, 11:22 PM   #45
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
If they use the Kindle Fire profile or Kindle Profile they will need to remove pdoc tag from the Mobi output tab. This is what I originally meant when I said that. They will have to sideload the books via USB not emailing them because emailing them will add the pdoc tag anyway and defeat what they are trying to do.

The OP was emailing their books to the Fire this is why they were showing up as Documents.

Now about Calibre books. By default the pdoc tag is added to each mobi book that is converted with Calibre when the Kindle or Kindle Fire profile is used so they need to remove that from that box so anything converted will not be labeled as a Pdoc. The books will then have to be sideloaded to show under Books not emailed.

I suppose they could use an alternative Profile like we do too, it would keep the pdoc tag from being added but I didn't want to confuse someone new to Kindles.
That makes sense.

On a side note... Since Calibre has the capability of automatically including "last page read" feature during conversion why not just convert and side-load via Calibre? I do this regularly and am able to sync among devices. Why go to the trouble with pdocs (for books) and lack of covers, if you do not have to?
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote