View Single Post
Old 03-10-2012, 07:38 PM   #6
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
To address the mouse issue,
The mouse is an intelli mouse, uses an IR led to operate. The IR led goes on but very faintly. When being in the main menu, you can actually move the mouse upwards,to the left, and click and the library icon will engage. In the main menu, when going down-right, and clicking you can open config window. But you see no mouse pointer.

I tried keyboard, mouse, and USB flash drive.
The mouse led shows a very low light, which makes me believe the port uses 3.6V instead of 5V; good enough for devices that provide their own power.
I tried 2 keyboards, a regular one,and a mobile one, but none of them work.
The caps/num lock leds on both keyboards would not go on.

2 things I want to try:
Bluetooth puck for bluetooth keyboard (which I doubt will work, but perhaps keyboards/mice with their own power supply might work better)
and
connecting it to a powered USB HUB

The USB flash drive actually froze my device. I believe it drew too much power to operate!

About the pen, the sleeve actually is in the way of pulling the pen out.
*EDIT: I've noticed that you have to place the JBC upside down in the sleeve. Instead of opening the sleeve like a book, and reading from it on the right page, the sleeve actually is made to host the reader on the left side! It's against protocol, but there is a small incave in the sleeve/cover to pull the pen out that way!

About adobe,I'll have to try it,but I only have a very few books that are DRM'ed.
I'd rather spend time enjoying the device for now, as DRM is a low priority for me right now.

Last edited by ProDigit; 03-10-2012 at 09:25 PM.
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote