View Single Post
Old 10-21-2011, 07:44 PM   #250
snmilliken
snmilliken is a glorious beacon of lightsnmilliken is a glorious beacon of lightsnmilliken is a glorious beacon of lightsnmilliken is a glorious beacon of lightsnmilliken is a glorious beacon of lightsnmilliken is a glorious beacon of lightsnmilliken is a glorious beacon of lightsnmilliken is a glorious beacon of lightsnmilliken is a glorious beacon of lightsnmilliken is a glorious beacon of lightsnmilliken is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo,Kobo Vox & BB Playbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geeky View Post
Well,

the behaviour in my case is totally different, the device isn't synced, but I get a popup message instead. The application doesn't quit. The setup worked before (don't know exactly when the error started to occur, as I sync only every couple of weeks) and I didn't change anything. Try to start the Kobo application using a terminal, then you'll see what's actually happening when the info scrolls in your terminal window. Thus I could figure I needed to install/update some library (I think the USB one mentioned beforehand in this thread), after that it worked like a charm.
This is the error I get while trying to sync from terminal

Quote:
[ResumingDownloader] : Start: "http://a4ccf0b6.blob.core.windows.net/kobo/df6e9c280954def6522425f7ad3f9c88af0251e2.epub"
[ResumingDownloader] : FINISHED: 1058791
/usr/local/Kobo/Kobo: symbol lookup error: /usr/local/Kobo/libnickel.so.1: undefined symbol: zip_open
snmilliken is offline   Reply With Quote